Artaic – Company & Work Environment
Artaic is a unique design and manufacturing firm based in Boston’s Innovation District. Artaic produces “mass customized” tile mosaics for a wide variety of applications, primarily within the commercial hospitality architecture and interior design industry. Artaic is inventing and applying a proprietary, partially automated system of front-end design software linked to back-end inventory management and robotic fabrication. This system allows for much greater efficiency in mosaic production – with greater design fidelity – than traditional manufacturing methods.
Artaic is a dynamic growing early stage company with a demonstrated commitment to supporting new design, engineering, and business ideas while promoting an entrepreneurial culture that fosters and rewards initiative, innovation, opportunity, and creativity.
For more information on Artaic, visit the website at http://www.artaic.com.
Artaic is ramping up production to meet rapid sales growth of 100% or higher year-over-year. After winning several Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants, an entrepreneurial Production Engineer is needed to manage Artaic’s production and engineering developments to meet sales demand, improve operations efficiency, and develop Artaic’s robotic manufacturing technologies. The successful candidate will have experience and/or be a fast learner in 1) mechanical/production systems operations, maintenance and design, and 2) robot and database programming. The nature of this position does not require traveling. The Production Engineer will report directly to Production Manager for daily operations, and the Ph.D. mechanical engineer CEO for new systems development.
Artaic is located at 21 Drydock Avenue, Boston MA 02210. Public transportation (T Silver Line SL2) has a stop at the front door. There’s covered bicycle parking at the entrance to the building.
Responsibilities may encompass a diverse range of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Maintain robotic hardware and software systems to assure mission-critical daily production functions.
- Continuous improvement of hardware and software to accommodate new tile geometries.
- Develop improved inventory management database and enterprise-level information reporting solutions.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, warehousing, and inventory control to meet production goals.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Support R&D grant development and management.
- Support patent applications
- Have 4+ years in a commercial scale product production environment, especially material handling and/or packaging
- Have a B.S. or higher level of engineering training or equivalent.
- Experienced in estimating and planning project production under tight deadlines. • Software development:
- FANUC robot programming in KAREL.
- Database management and development (MS Access, SQL, or equivalent)
- User Interface development (MS Excel, Visual Basic/VBA, or a similar graphical language)
- XML file processing
- Mechanical systems development
- Proficiency developing models and fabrication drawings in Solidworks.
- Design, development and commissioning of mechanical systems with computer control.
- Experience with pneumatic systems and pick-&-place material handling.
- Experience with parts fabrication, and a good Rolodex of local fabrication vendors and parts suppliers.
- Prior experience and success in a team-oriented, hands-on operating structure.
- Strategic thinker with problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to develop and execute strategy.
- Creative, Innovative, Design-oriented mentality with a passion for art and technology.
- Entrepreneurial Self-starter attitude with the ability to work individually as well as in a team setting.
21 Drydock Ave. Boston, MA 02210 | 617 418 1928 | www.artaic.com
Additional Desired Traits
- Proven abilities in hiring, training, supervising, and motivating top-performing personnel.
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley RS Linx 5000 Programmable Logic Controller software.
- Knowledge of machine vision systems and automated inspection.
- Support development of software solutions leading toward an ERP-level system.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement/Lean/Kaizen/Six Sigma. • Experience with tile installation.
Competitive compensation package includes base salary, benefits, beer and equity. Opportunities to gain experience and grow into new roles as the company grows.
Please send your cover letter describing what you can offer Artaic, and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Production Engineer”.Download Position PDF